Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information (which you authorized when you enter any information through wonderlandlatelier.com to provide to me) from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and all relevant payment modes accepted on the Site, email address, phone number and the details of the product that you’re ordering including that of additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you & provide customer service including the settling of disputes;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Whenever necessary, personal information is also used in compliance with a legal obligation, court order and/or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
We also use the personal information that we collect for the purpose of legitimate interests of business processes to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). The legitimate interests as stated above are in accordance with your rights and/or interests without violation of override.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We engage certain trusted third parties and/or service providers to perform functions and provide services for shop operations, such as delivery companies. Personal information is shared with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
In any case of a business transfer, inclusive of selling and/or merging with another business or partnership, the personal information will also be transferred but only to the extent permitted by law.
Personal information may be used whenever necessary in compliance with laws and/or legal issues. We may collect, use, retain, and share personal information when it is deemed reasonably necessary to and are not limited to one of the following stated: (a) response to legal process and/or to government requests; (b) enforcement of agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevention, investigation, and addressing potential fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protection of rights of the business and business owner, property, and safety of customers, or others similar circumstances subject to the decision made by the owner of Wonderland L'atelier.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you have signed up for our mailing list, you may opt yourself out at any given time you desire.
Personal information and order information may be stored and processed through third-party hosting services not limited to the US and other jurisdictions, for the sole functionality of the business.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described as below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- You may also have right to change, restrict the use of, or delete your personal information. Exempt exceptional circumstances not limited to where data is stored for legal reasons and/or circumstances involving legal issues. Personal information will be deleted upon request.
- You can object to (i) processing of some of your information based on legitimate interests of the business and/or (ii) receiving marketing messages from the business after initially expressed consent to receive them. In such cases, your personal information will be deleted unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is deemed necessary for legal reasons.
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Wonderland L'atelier, are the data controller of your personal information. Any questions or concerns can be directed to us at email@example.com
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Data retention of order information and personal information may also be required in compliance with and not limited to any one of the following: legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements made.
If you are under the age of 18, please seek parental consent before proceeding with your purchase.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org